Tuesday, January 01, 2008

119/365 - Welcoming the first day of 2008....


119/365 - Welcoming the first day of 2008....
Originally uploaded by Geekgirly.

buy staying in my most comfortable bed. I am not hiding per se but spending a day to myself surrounded by lounging cats (I am cat sitting 2, so there are 3 presently in my bedroom with me!)

The past year has not been an easy one to say the least. I made it back from a tour in Afghanistan not physically harmed but emotionally "not the same" as I was before I went. I have been slowly walking the road to recovery.

On the positive side I have discovered a love and fascination with photography! This has been an outlet creatively and emotionally and most significantly through my 365 project I have learned to take life day by day and to not dwell on the past (of which I am doing only for this soliloquy). :) I have also made many new FLICKR friends and I am proud to be a part of such a creative community.

It is the positives and the negatives that combined make us who we are today as tough as they are to experience.

So friends, here is to new smiles, joys, and new challenges in 2008!

No comments: