Saturday, May 01, 2010

Week 9 - Oppressed


Week 9 - Oppressed
Originally uploaded by Geekgirly.

Left: Sarah
Right: me

As soon as I knew that our theme was oppressed, I instantly had an idea pop into my head. You can interpret my image as you will, but my goal is to bring across how lucky that we are to live in freedom, unlike our sisters in other countries.

Sarah's image matched mine perfectly! I am so glad that we got matched together as we both (I think) have a similar "bold" style in our images.

This is a diptych project by a group of female photographers who have known each other a long time on Flickr. The project matches two of us together each week with a different theme to interpret how we want, on an individual basis. We then create a diptych using each of our photographs.

The results of the collabrations are being posted on a blog, which you can find here ...

www.divinediptychproject.blogspot.com/

No comments: